Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another painting in my new series

I have been working on a series of paintings based on studies created on the computer. DANCING LADY is the eleventh in the series which are acrylic paintings done on canvas.

Dancer1
I first enlarge my sketch using a Beseler projector and trace the image on the canvas using a marker pen. By using a Design Art Marker to do my drawing the image will show through after I paint in the background color.

Dancer2
I decide to change the background to more of a brighter orange color. You can see that the basic drawing is still visible.

Dancer3
I begin to add some of the white shapes.

Dancer4
I gradually add some of the other colors. It will probably take a couple more days to finish the painting as I have many more shapes and colors to add. During this process some of the colors and values will also be changed. I will post more pictures as the work progresses. In September, on my other blog, I posted demos on other paintings in this series.

CSPosterNew
Here's a teaser ad that I designed for Craig that shows a sketch of the new painting.

Craig's 3
Here are a few of these paintings in the Craig Smith Gallery in Harbert, Michigan.

Craig's 2
Craig even has some of my work hanging in the bathroom, THE TENTH MUSE is perfect hanging on these orange walls.

Craig's5
Here is DECONSTRUCTED NUDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment