Friday, November 13, 2009

Storyboards for BP

This was an interesting, but tough assignment. The agency wanted to show a BP gas station with the people in kind of a transparent form, indicating a lot of activity. Storyboards are not always just renderings of scenes, but often the artist must also depict special effects. With markers you have a somewhat limited range of things that can be done, so this can prove to be a difficult task. I had to try a few frames before I was able to come up with the effect they were after. To add to the problem, of course, was the usual tight deadline.

BP Stybds

BP Stybds
They were very pleased with the result which was fortunate, as there was no time to redo anything. I can't remember the Art Director or ad agency this was done for, I'm pretty sure it was for one of my New York clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment