Tuesday, September 14, 2010

7 Songs I Will Never Get Tired Of

There are certain songs that just stick with you. You know what I’m talking about…the songs that you instantly fell in love with the very first time you heard them. The songs that you listen to when you meet a new guy or a new girl because those songs give you the same butterfly feeling that he or she does. The songs that you listened to when ya’ll broke up and they made you feel like everything was gonna be alright. The songs that you like to play when you’re driving around because the booming bass from your car makes them sound even better and makes people turn to look. The songs that you would never, ever skip on your iPod. The songs that you find buried deep in the internet and will never hear on the radio which makes you even happier because you won’t have to worry about them being overplayed and you getting tired of them. Those same songs that you didn’t think would ever be on the radio but suddenly you hear all over the place about 20 times a day and everybody and their mamma is singing and humming them but you don’t even care because, afterall, you’ve BEEN knowing those songs. Those songs that are so dope you have to go online and find the lyrics so you can sing along…that's that good good music


Here are 7 songs I will never grow tired of listening to…


Ex-Factor by Lauryn Hill

Not only am I crazy about this song, I am also crazy about the album it came from. The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill has to be my favorite album hands down.


Satisfy My Soul by Bob Marley

I grew up off of Bob Marley. I remember my dad playing the CDs in his car when he would drive me to school. I loved the music then and I still love it now.


Electric Relaxation by A Tribe Called Quest


A Tribe Called Quest personifies true hip-hop. I fell in love with this song as soon as I heard the beat drop.


Beauty In the Dark by Mos Def & The Isley Brothers


I love Mos Def’s rapping but when I heard his singing, my heart melted. I actually discovered this song on Pandora a little over a year ago and it has been on heavy repeat ever since.



Butterflies by Floetry


This song is so beautiful to me; I feel it captures the feeling of getting butterflies perfectly. And you know it has to be a great song if Michael Jackson did his own version of it.



Come Close by Common feat. Mary J. Blige


This is just a fly love song as Common says. Not only am I in love with this song, I am in love with the video! I don’t think such a man exists but if you are out there and you are reading this, get at me! Just kidding :P….no I’m not.



All I Need by Method Man feat. Mary J. Blige

I am in love this song, even though the words aren’t super fancy. The meaning is so deep and so moving to me. I can’t help but smile whenever I am listening to it. And I also love the Original version of the song by Marvin Gaye!



How about you all out there, what are some of the songs you can’t get enough of? I’d love to know so leave them in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment