Thursday, September 9, 2010

Throwback Thursday: Girlfriend by Alicia Keys

As promised, here is the second installment of Throwback Thursday. This week I chose the song Girlfriend by Alicia Keys because I miss her older music. In my humble opinion, her newer music just doesn’t do anything for me like her older stuff did. I’m talking about those songs like Butterflyz, If I Was Your Woman/Walk Away, Never Felt This Way, You Don’t Know My Name, A Woman’s Worth, Fallin’, If I Ain’t Got You, etc…I understand that as an artist, one has to grow and one’s music has to evolve to satisfy broader audiences but the fact of the matter is, I only found a small handful of songs listenable off her latest album (I love Un-Thinkable) and DON’T even get me started on the As I Am Album. I mean, it was a solid album, no doubt about that...but I would take Songs in A Minor or The Diary of Alicia Keys over it any day of the week.
And I am not one to indulge into the private lives of celebrities but of course I have heard mad stuff about Alicia Keys and her husband and many of my friends have told me they have lost all respect for her and they refuse to listen to her music. All I have to say is...I don't give a flying piece of poop (excuse my word choice but it is what it is). Now I'm not saying that what she did was right, of course it wasn't, but at the same time it is none of my business so I'm not going to think about it. I'm just gonna try to remember her as she was because her songs about love always felt so real to me so I don't want her mistakes to reflect badly on her music because it was and still is good, even though I'm not crazy about it anymore. She is still doing her thing and still doing well so let me stop talking and ya'll just watch & reminisce.




AND STAY TUNED IN THIS WEEKEND PEOPLE, I HAVE A VERY SPECIAL POST IN THE WORKS FOR SATURDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment