Sunday, October 24, 2010

Amy, Amy, Amy

Well, I have been in fashion mode for quite some time because I haven’t done a music post in a minute! So with that being said, I’ve decided to dedicate this post to one of my favorite musicians of all time, Amy WinehouseAs most of us had seen in the past couple years, Amy Winehouse had been going through a particularly low point in her personal life. Being the prominent figure that she is, the public watched along as Amy stumbled around London streets with disheveled hair, tattered clothing, bruises and such…it was such a sad sight to see. One of the most disheartening things in the world is when people who have so much talent & so much potential for greatness allow the ills of life to push them off of their path. Life can be so hard, trust me I know, and incidents can occur that may deter us or break us down to the point where we feel we can no longer continue. But I am here to proclaim that you can continue, no matter what goes wrong in your life. Be it that you are suffering from a broken heart, from a lost job, from a damaged friendship, from an illness, from loneliness, from the loss of a loved one, from anything & everything. As long as you still have that fire in your heart, the willpower to withstand whatever else may come your way, and confidence in yourself, you have the power to rise above your situation and press on towards the goals you wish to achieve!



Thankfully, it looks like Amy is beginning to turn her life around. She just completed a 17 piece clothing line with Fred Perry and is looking very healthy in the advertisements. Also, I have read from various sources that she has begun a series of secret performances all around London. Although this is great news, I am still patiently waiting for her to drop another amazing album because, like I said, she is one of my favorite musicians. Her music is superb; it brings me back to the music of those great soul singers such as Roberta Flack, Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holliday, & Aretha Franklin. I cannot get enough of it. I don't think there is one song that she has created that I don't like.

Here are a few of my top favorites…



In My Bed


Mr. Magic (not by Amy originally but I love her rendition of the song)

Stronger Than Me

F*ck Me Pumps

Tears Dry On Their Own

No comments:

Post a Comment