Friday, November 5, 2010

Throwback Joint: The Sweetest Thing by Lauryn Hill

Well, it is safe to say that my “Throwback Thursdays” have quickly turned into “Throwback Whenever I Remember days”. But that is okay because better late than never, right? Anyways, the joint that I have for you all is very special to me because it is off of the soundtrack of my favorite movie of all time (Love Jones) and it is sung by my favorite singer of all time. Lauryn Hill’s talent is amazing, her skills are boundless. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is literally my favorite album, ever. Her music is just so inspiring. She really bears her entire soul in her lyrics which I respect her for and enjoy because I find that I can relate to a lot of the things that she sings about. Also, I am absolutely in love with her voice. I have heard from a lot of people who attended the Rock the Bells concerts that her voice is not as incredible as it used to be which disappoints the hell out of me…but until I hear her singing with my own 2 ears I will just think of her voice as it used to sound. This song is too amazing for words, please watch, enjoy & reminisce.

No comments:

Post a Comment