Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Later

I'm not gonna sit here and act like I remember where I was and what I was doing during the 9/11 attacks on the United States. However, I'm pretty sure I was in school, and I bet I thought it was simply another day. I bet the teachers knew. My parents knew too, but I don't even remember when I became aware of the attacks. Talk about sheltered from reality!

I do remember being in New York City a week before this whole incident.

Now, exactly a decade later, people around America are remembering September 11th all over again. Time flies so fast.

Yesterday, I sang in a program that was a part of some sort of national movement of remembering September 11th. The No Place Like America Foundation (werestillhere.org) honored all sorts of heroes. From firefighter to policemen to those who are or were in the military.

I simply wanted to give my own little tribute to those who died that day. Whether you were simply working in the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, or riding on the plane; or whether you were just walking in New York City, or part of the FDNY or NYPD that tried to save lives, I commend you. I salute you.

I can't possible imagine how the families of the victims felt...yet alone how they feel now. To have a loved one's life snatched away without any sort of warning must be one of the worst feelings in the world. My heart aches for those families and friends daily.

I'd also like to recognize the people who saved other people during that day and lived.

I really can't talk about this for too long. The whole subject makes me entirely too depressed. I simply want you to think about the victims of 9/11 along with their families and friends. Pray for them because I'm sure this is a difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment