Thursday, December 9, 2010

Songs I Currently Have On Repeat

I recently got an e-mail from one of my readers in London asking me to suggest some songs for her to download since she liked my musical taste (thank you Aianna!) For anyone who hasn’t noticed, I have a playlist of music in the right side panel under the title “music” and those are some of my favorite songs of all time. When you click on one it starts playing in the music player located on the bottom left side of your screen. Anywho, let me get back to business, here are a few new and old songs that I’ve been playing a lot recently









I always get people asking me how I discover my music since I tend to listen to stuff you don’t hear in a lot of other places so I will let you guys in on a few of my favorite websites for discovering music (click on the names to go to the websites):

Pandora: I’m sure the vast majority of you all know about this website. It’s the perfect tool to find artists and music that are similar to what you already like to listen to. All you do is enter in an artist or a song that you like and Pandora will generate a station of similar music.

The Hype Machine: This website is really cool; it allows you to listen to the latest songs that have been uploaded on blogs all over the world. This is a good place to find all those remixes and mash-ups you won’t find in many other places. I have found some of the most amazing music on my iPod by using this website.

Okayplayer: Yet another phenomenal website, geared mostly toward true hip-hop heads and soul music fiends like myself. If you are a fan of The Roots, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Pharoahe Monch, J Dilla, Erykah Badu, Nneka, Meshell Ndegeocello, K-Os, etc., you will love this website. It’s not an online radio like Pandora or a series of mp3s like The Hype Machine so you will have to do a little snooping, but the site is pretty easy to navigate around.

HYPETRAK: I love this website so much! The best thing about it is the extremely wide variety of music that it offers; you will find everything from alternative to rap to pop to underground music. And this site is really good about posting brand new music very quickly, they are really on top of their ish. 

Happy music hunting :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment