Saturday, January 22, 2011

Street Stylin'

I am in love with street style blogs. There is just something so amazing about being able to see what different people are wearing all over the world. Even though I can’t afford the majority of the clothing that the people on those blogs are wearing (just give me a couple years to get my money up though!), I still look to these blogs for fashion inspiration. Interestingly enough, top designers have even started turning to street style as inspiration for designs. I recently read that the inspiration for the Lanvin pre-fall 2011 collection was from photos that Alber Ebaz saw of stylish women on the internet. Since I love sharing links with all my fabulous readers, here is a listing of my favorite street style blogs. Now I’m sure there are a bunch of you who know of these blogs already but there are also a bunch of you who may not so this post is for the latter. 
Just click on the names to go to the blogs!

Swagger: New YorkSwagger: Paris Readers are exposed to all types of fashion forward individuals from both New York & Paris. I am particularly fond of Swagger: New York but both versions are amazing. One can also find great music on these blogs too.



Jak & Jil Even if you aren't a huge fan of fashion, you are bound to be blown away by the stunning photography on this blog. Some of the most luxurious clothing I have ever seen in my life is on Jak & Jil. I can’t afford any of it, but I love looking at it! 


The Sartorialist Perhaps the most popular of street style blogs. Scott Schuman, the man behind the lens, has such an inspiring story concerning how he started up this blog. He did not intend to become a fashion photographer but he figured that eventually his passion for photography and his passion for fashion would converge. The convergence of these passions birthed The Sartorialist. Make sure you watch the video!


All The Pretty Birds Yet another fabulous blog! Some very beautiful & well-dressed women are on this blog. It’s definitely worth a look, or five.


ALTAMIRA: MODELSOFFDUTY.COM This blog is neat because the vast majority of the individuals photoed on this blog are some of the world’s most noted models. It’s quite interesting getting to see the way models dress when they aren’t on the runway or on the pages of magazines.


Street Peeper Readers really get a taste of international fashion on this blog. Street Peeper “peeps” 26 different cities including New York, Paris, London, Chicago, Seoul, Sydney, San Francisco, Toronto, Jakarta, Zurich, and Berlin (just to name a few).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


JUST A QUICK EDIT! (I wanted to add a blog for all the dashing young men who read my blog! I didn't forget about ya'll!)

Dapper Lou Not only are the men featured on this blog utterly amazing but the blogger himself is also on point! This blog is definitely a great resource for the fashion forward male. And a big shout out goes to Ludget for filling the void of a predominantly male street style blog. Personally, I haven’t seen another one!


I left some out because there are just too many to name! Hopefully you all enjoy these blogs as much as I do. Let me know what your favorite street style blog is if I didn’t include it in this post, I wouldn’t mind adding more to my reading list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment