Friday, July 29, 2011

Examples of early cartoons and illustrations

During my long career as an advertising artist I have done many cartoons as well as ink line drawings. Looking back, I'm even surprised at the variety of work that I produced. I enjoy experimenting with various styles of art and this also enabled me to reinvent myself.

HB834
A brush ink drawing done for the cover of an invitation for a Society of Arts and Crafts opening.

HB835
I don't recall what this was done for, possibly friends Magazine.

HB836
Many cartoon illustrations were done for Friends Magazine during my early days as a commercial artist.

HB838
I did the illustration for this rear cover ad for Friends Magazine in 1953.

HB841
An early ad promoting myself as an idea man and illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment