Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Small ink line art

During most of the 1960's through 1977 about 75% of my illustration work was black and white ink line drawings. Below is a sketch of me in my studio with my faithful dog Angus, who was always hanging around.

Me working
In 1973 I did the illustrations for a book titled GREAT TALES OF HORROR AND SUSPENSE. I did the line art for the Dracula section including several large ink line drawings and quite a few smaller spot illustrations which are shown here.

Drac 1

Drac2

Drac3
The art was rendered with a Crowquill pen with brush accents using India ink. It was a fun assignment and a real break from some of the Detroit automotive work that I was involved with at the time. Randy Mulvey, my New York during that period, landed this assignment for me as well as a series of Dracula paperback covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment