Tuesday, January 18, 2011

That GOOD GOOD Around the Web

Hello lovely people! I hope all is well with all of you. Today’s post is a lil’ bit different from my usual posts and I will most likely be doing more posts like this in the future. Since I haven't been posting as much as I usually do lately, what I have done for you all today is compiled a post made up of 4 mini posts which discuss & highlight wonderful things I have found on the internet recently or just general things I have been into lately. Enjoy!



One of my awesome readers, Ebinéhita from Scotland, brought this super talented fellow to my attention this past week. Christian Scott is a jazz trumpeter from New Orleans and he is absolutely incredible. He has this certain swagger about him that translates seamlessly into his music. It is simply amazing. And this man knows how to dress! He has been recognized for his style in L'Uomo Vogue, Vogue Italia, The Source, and King Magazine. Christian Scott is definitely someone you should know about. Check out his website here & the interview he did on IAM: THENUBLACK by clicking here.


Everyone’s favorite Afro-inspired clothing line recently released photos from their Spring/Summer 2011 lookbook. I must say, these pieces are quite adorable! And the photos are absolutely beautiful! (But one wouldn’t expect anything less since Kwesi Abbensetts was the photographer.) Check out the rest of the photos by clicking here.


MeLo-X is such a cool musician, I really like his sound. He has a way of taking hip-hop and really making it his own which I love and appreciate. I absolutely love this song & video! The video was actually directed by one of my favorite singers, Jesse Boykins III. Enjoy!




I will be rounding off this post with some good ol’ fashion link love. These 3 blogs that I am sharing are a few of my top favorite blogs of all time. I hope you all love them as much as I do! Click on each picture to go to each blog.


 I am the nu black. What a powerful statement in itself! This blog is brimming over with posts and features on incredible individuals of color. From artists to musicians to designers, basically every creative facet is covered in such a unique and inspiring way. 



 With a concept as unique, creative, a beautiful as color, one can and will never get bored. Amanda does a great job finding art, fashion, and music that is covered in brilliant color. This blog is always a treat for the eyes!


If you are a fashion forward individual who is greatly inspired by photography, you are going to love this blog. The photos that Recho finds are absolutely exquisite! And I adore the way Recho described her blog: “Here you will find a glorification of all that I find most beautiful. From the mundane to the refined. As is milk and wine.”


No comments:

Post a Comment