Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Favorite Albums of All Time

I haven’t done a music post in a while so I decided to share some of my favorite albums with you all. These are 7 of my favorite albums of all time along with a couple songs from each album that I am particularly fond of. Enjoy the music!


The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
Easily my favorite album of all time. Once I had heard Lauryn’s gorgeously raspy vocals coupled with those thought-provoking lyrics, I was sold. This is actually the album that got me into listening to hip-hop. 
Lost Ones


Like Water for Chocolate
This is such a cohesive album! From the brilliant production to the brilliant name to the brilliant cover, it is so much more than just standard rap music. It extends far past those boundaries. It is pure art.
The Light
Nag Champa (Afrodisiac For The World)


Frank
Amy Winehouse is bloody amazing. Point blank. Period. I LOVED her album Back To Black, but Frank (her debut album) will forever have a special place in my heart.


Mama’s Gun
This is such a smooth album, from start to finish. It’s soulful, it’s introspective, it’s daring. It’s everything that I look for in good music.
A.D. 2000


Fantastic, Vol. 2
I mean, J Dilla solely produced this album (all except for 2 tracks). Of course it’s going to be amazing! All you need to do is find a comfortable spot to lie down, grab some good headphones, and allow the beautiful, mellow sounds of this album to wash all over you. That’s what I do! I believe I have listened to Fall N Love well over 300 times on my iTunes.


Black On Both Sides
I feel this is Mos Def’s best solo album by far. I love the strong messages in his lyrics. I always feel so inspired after listening to this.
Climb


Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite
This is an album for the grown & the sexy. I love every single track and I really appreciate his jazz infused sound. Maxwell is such an amazing artist; I can’t wait for his new album to drop!
Ascension (Don't Ever Wonder)
Sumthin' Sumthin'


What are your favorite albums of all time? Leave them in a comment and I’ll be sure to give them a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment